The Canadian Association of Cardio-Pulmonary Technologists (CACPT) is a nationwide non-profit organization whose membership is composed of Technologists employed in Heart Catheterization and/or Pulmonary Function Laboratories. The CACPT was established in 1972 and has evolved to reflect our commitment to quality standards of diagnostic testing as well as patient care and safety.
Benefits of Active Registered Membership are:
- Entitled to use the designations “R.C.P.T. (CP)”, Registered Cardio-Pulmonary Technologist (Cardio-Pulmonary); “R.C.P.T. (C)”, Registered Cardio-Pulmonary Technologist (Cardiac); or “R.C.P.T. (P)”, Registered Cardio-Pulmonary Technologist (Pulmonary), after their names for professional purposes;
- Entitled to attend and vote at all annual general meetings and special meetings of members
- Leadership opportunities by serving on the Board of Directors as an elected or appointed officer as well as participate on the Education Committees and/or various working groups.
- Affiliation with the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) allows the cardiovascular members to attend the annual conference at a discounted registration fee
- The Pulmonary Function members are able to attend either the Canadian Respiratory Care Conference or the PFT Symposium
- Education sharing through our bi-annual Newsletter
- Opportunities to contribute to conferences as presenters and to submit articles for the Newsletter
- First in line for Job Postings that are posted on the CACPT website (www.cacpt.ca)