Welcome to The Canadian Association of Cardio-Pulmonary Technologists.
The Canadian Association of Cardio-Pulmonary Technologists membership is composed of technologists employed in the Heart Catheterization Laboratories and/or Pulmonary Function Laboratories. The Registered Technologist works closely with the physician in order to provide information relevant to the patient’s diagnosis, prognosis, and surgical risk. The Registered Technologist requires specialized skills in order to perform the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures used for the investigation and treatment of pulmonary and cardiovascular disorders. He/she must have extensive knowledge of instrumentation and techniques, and furthermore, must be able to elicit active cooperation from the individual patient during these procedures.
The CACPT is committed to maintaining the highest standards possible for all Registered Cardio-Pulmonary Technologists. The CACPT Bylaws, Standards of Conduct and Annual National Registry Examinations are designed to establish and maintain these high professional standards
Location to be determined.
2019 PFT Symposium Presentations
Pulmonary Function Testing Past Present and Future – Gregg L. Ruppel, MED, RRT, RPFT, FAARC
- Methacholine Challenge Tests: History 1945-2019 – Don Cockcroft
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing Protocols & the Normal Physiologic Responses – Carl D. Mottram, RRT RPFT FAARC
- Lung Volumes What Are They Good For? – Gregg L. Ruppel, MED, RRT, RPFT, FAARC
- Quality Assurance Mapping Your QC Program Equipment & Testing Quality – Susan Blonshine
- 2019 Spirometry Standards – Kevin McCarthy
- Considerations For DLCO Testing and Interpretation – Brian Graham
- Lung Function in the Era of GLI – Larry Lands
2018 PFT Symposium Presentations
Children Should Not Be Treated Like Little Adults – Laura Seed, M.Sc., RCPT(P)
The Physiologic Basis of DLCO Testing – Brian Graham – Division of Respirology, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine University of Saskatchewan
Vocal Cord Dysfunction The Great Masquerader – Dr. Mary Noseworthy MD FRCPC – Pediatric Respirologist Alberta Health Service
- Methacholine Challenge Testing – Tony Kajnar, RRT/AA, RCPT(P) Senior Therapist, Sault Area Hospital PFT Lab
- DLCO and Lung Volumes Workshop -Tony Kajnar, RRT/AA, RCPT(P) Senior Therapist, Sault Area Hospital PFT Lab
Updated PF Lab Standards – Revised Alberta Pulmonary Function Accreditation Standards – Patrick Litwin, RRT, M. Sc., FCSRT
Using Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing to Understand Exertional Dyspnea – Dr. Mike Stickland
Workshop Mapping Your QC Program – Susan Blonshine RRT, RPFT, FAARC, AE-C
Spirometry Workshop – David Pawluski, B.SC, RCPT (p) University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton
- PFT Interpretation and Reference Values – Dr. Eric Wong