Eligibility Criteria for CACPT Spirometry Certification
Examination Date: September 28, 2020
Application Deadline Date: June 18, 2020
Cancellation Date: September 11, 2020 for full refund
Eligibility Criteria for Spirometry Certification
- Must be employed in a facility where Spirometry testing is routinely performed.
- Have some knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
- Must be working with other trained individuals or under the supervision of a physician(s) who is able to interpret the spirometry results.
- Completed a Spirometry course * approved by CACPT within the past thirty-six (36) months. If the course was taken more than 36 months ago please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not necessary to submit any Spirometry examples as this would have already been done for the course.
- Received at least three (3) months of on the job Spirometry Testing Training. The qualified preceptor must be a physician or RRT or Registered with the CACPT- (RCPT(P), or allied health professional who are currently active in Spirometry testing. For more clarification on what is a “qualified preceptor” contact email@example.com
- Submit seven (7) Spirometry Examples performed by the applicant under the supervision of a qualified preceptor. All examples and supporting data will be evaluated by the CACPT Spirometry Committee. See Spirometry Examples Requirement Section via button below.
*Current approved Spirometry Course by CACPT: