Eligibility Criteria for CACPT Spirometry Certification
Examination Date: September 30, 2019
Application Deadline Date: June 20, 2019
Cancellation Date: September 13, 2019 for full refund
Eligibility Criteria for Spirometry Certification
- Must be an allied health professional, e.g.: RPN, RN, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, or approved by the Education Committee of Canadian Association of Cardiopulmonary Technologists (CACPT).
- Must be employed in a facility where Spirometry testing is routinely performed.
- Completed a Spirometry course approved by CACPT within the past thirty-six (36) month
Current approved Spirometry Course by CACPT:
RespTrec-Spirometry Course by the Lung Association of Saskatchewan. Visit website
- Received at least three (3) months of on the job Spirometry Testing Training. The qualified preceptor must be a physician or RRT or Registered with the CACPT- (RCPT(p)), or allied health professional who are currently active in Spirometry testing.
- Submit seven (7) Spirometry Examples performed by the applicant under the supervision of a qualified preceptor. All examples and supporting data will be evaluated by the CACPT Spirometry Committee. See Spirometry Examples Requirement Section via button below.